Monday, January 19, 2009

Polar Bear Plunge




On Saturday we went to my parents house to celebrate my mom's birthday. After we finished Christian had this brilliant idea that we should go to my brothers house and do the polar bear plunge in his swimming pool. The polar bear plunge is when you jump into the FREEZING cold swimming pool or any body of water (like a polar bear). There were only a few brave souls that night and no cases of hypothermia (at least that I know of). The crazy part about it is that they jumped in twice. Guess it wasn't cold enough the first time even though Christian's whole upper body was purple and my niece started crying because she couldn't catch her breath when she got out. You can't see the video very well so I have included some pictures of the event. The newest members of the Polar Bear Club are as follows: Christian, Russell (my brother-in-law), Skyler (my nephew), and Tavia (my 8 year old niece). Christian is already planning next years dive and you can already count me out. They are all out of their minds. Anyone interested, the next event will be next year at Yankee Meadow.




8 comments:

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Your family and hubby r crazy! I did that once in HS and I will never do it again.

Jess said...

Freakin' nuts! I'm too much of a wimp to do that.

bensonfamily said...

that was awesome! come on april you got to try it once!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...that's just nuts!

Natalie Bergquist said...

Holy...is he crazy?! That's something I would ALMOST want to do just to say I've done it, but I hate the cold enough that I would stay inside where it's warm and watch. =)

Natalie Bergquist said...

Wait, I'm a "homie"? *sniff* *wipe tear* Awesome. Just noticed, and top of the alphabetical list--I'd better pump up the posts. =)

The White Clan said...

No offense Christian, you are FREAKIN NUTS!!!! I would NEVER even think that was a wise idea.

Anonymous said...

What in the world....