Friday, January 9, 2009

Goodbye Snow, Hello Sunshine!!!!!!!

On New Years Day we headed up to SLC to spend some time with Christian's family. We had so much fun except for the fact that it snowed almost everyday we were there. We even had to stay an extra day due to the snow. On Friday night we got together with some of Christian's friends and went to one of the greatest sushi restaurants in the state. It's ranked #2 to be exact. Oh how I have been waiting for that great taste of raw fish in my mouth. It was DIVINE! On Saturday night we had tickets to go see BYU play Wake Forest in Basketball and we had awesome seats. It was so crazy and Kylee was freaking out. I think they said there was over 23,000 people there that night which was the 2nd most people they have ever had in the Marriott Center. I should have brought some ear plugs for Kylee because you really would not believe how loud it was. It was a great game (and I'm not much of a sports fanatic) and the coolest part about it is that I got to see a few apostles like Elder Perry, Elder Holland, and Elder Christopherson. On Sunday morning we drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon and it really was one of the most breathtaking scenes I have seen in a very long time. Too bad I forgot my camera. The rest of the weekend was spent with the family which is always a good time. Except for the fact that Kylee wanted nothing to do with Grandma Mason. I really think she smiled only a handful of times at her the whole 5 days we were there. Sorry LeAnn, I swear I didn't tell her to do that. Of course being the brilliant person I am I forgot my camera through all of this so the only picture I have is the one I stole from my friend Sheri while we were at sushi. I hope everyone had a great new years and maybe next time something exciting happens with us I will have our camera to capture the moment. It's good to be out of the snow and back on dry ground.

6 comments:

The White Clan said...

We missed you, and I am glad you are back on dry ground too. I hate the snow, so I feel ya!
And yes I will remind you.

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering if you fell off the face of the earth...glad you are back!

bensonfamily said...

she is mad that you didn't bring her to stay with aunt marcy!!! hahaha!!

Anonymous said...

I'm rewriting my will. Too bad we're spending it all so there won't be any left for Kylee anyway.

Jess said...

Kids are so funny. My kids did the same thing when we saw my family. Sounds like you guys had such a great time! And, it's always nice to get out of the snow!

brooke said...

Sounds like Salt Lake was fun! Got to LOVE all that snow! ;) You still need to let me take Kylee for you guys one night. I think she and I almost friends again. Once were on good terms I'll babysit for the night! I have lots of free time these days! :) By choice of course!;)