The past few days I have had a lot of time to reflect on my life. Where I have been, where I am now and where I am going. That's when I realized I need to eat a big piece of humble pie. I have been having a pity me party for the past week or so and have spent many hours crying and being a complete hag to my husband. On Saturday night that all came to an end when Christian opened up my eyes to how truly blessed I was. For the past few days all I could think about was how much weight I still need to lose or how ugly my hair looks and how I don't feel like I have any friends, blah blah blah, the list goes on and on. What I didn't realize is that I have all I could ever ask for right in front of my eyes. I have an AMAZING husband who would do ANYTHING for me, I have a beautiful little girl who makes me smile all day long, I have a roof over my head, food on the table, but most importantly I have the gospel. All those things that I have been worrying about for weeks will mean nothing in the life after. But what will matter is my family and the gospel. I just recently received a calling in the young women to serve as a personal progress assistant. To be completely honest I was NOT excited about it at all because 1. I hated young women's when I was of that age and 2. I loathed having to do personal progress. After much thought and prayer I realize this is probably a blessing in disguise. This is the perfect calling for me. I will have the opportunity to forget about myself and what I think my needs are and I will get to focus on helping other people gain a testimony and achieve something I didn't get to. In all reality this calling is probably more for my own sake than it is for the girls. I'm in a rut that I need to get out of and quick. So with that piece of humble pie in my mouth I gladly accept this calling and I am going to step up to the plate and do all that I need to for my calling and then I will also step up to the plate to be a better person at home. Christian and Kylee deserve the best and only the best. Life really isn't all that bad. Too bad it took a few weeks of crying and being a serious grouch to figure it out. Good thing the humble pie is available to anyone at anytime and any place if you are willing to accept it.
11 comments:
We are so excited to have you in YWs! You will really love it. I personally love personal progress...but I didn't feel the same way as a YW myself. It wasn't until I was a leader and worked on it again (I never received the medallian when I was in YW) that I truly began to love the personal progress program and everything it teaches these girls at that stage in life. I wish personally I would have taken it more seriously when I was their age! As for friends...we are all friends...I just haven't met you until you were called into YWs & am excited to get to know you better! You will love it! :)
Whow My little aps is getting so grown up. Im Proud!!!
I've been in the same place... wish I had more then I have. When really I am soooo completely blessed. We have a beautiful home, I am able to stay home with Nathan, I have an awesome husband, etc etc. Why is that not enough? Because, I am a BIOTCH! That is what I decided. Yet, I recognize that and still it is sometimes hard to be a pleasant wife. Why? I need to figure out what it is going to take to get me out of my funk....
I am always so glad when you come over to visit, and get your hair done. You should just come hang out with me during the day if you are bored, and we can have a pity party together. And don't worry I think this is a normal part of having an infant.
I soooooo needed to hear this right now. I bet if Jeriah read this right now, he'd think, hmmmm this sounds all too familiar in my home. I have been quite the grouch, and this was just what I needed to hear. Congrats on the new calling, you will be great. Thanks again for the post.
hey april, found your blog and now i will probably blog stalk you a lot. I am tempted to copy and paste this post on to my own blog, I have felt so much like this. Perhaps you can share your humble pie with me. Ha, anyway you guys need to come over for dinner. We can have pie for dessert. How about this Sunday?
Ya know what, I have felt that same way after I have had my kids. I think it's all just part of getting adjusted to a new lifestyle... and all that fun postpartum stuff. I know that sounds lame, but that's my theory. Good luck on your new calling! You're going to do great!
April, I am so glad you are in YW's. I didn't know you before and I am looking forward to getting to know you and becoming friends! And believe me, I am right there with ya on feeling like you do! I have taken a piece of that pie many times too! See ya tomorrow night!
april i can't believe that you think you hair looks bad anytime! you always look good! you are always dressed cute and your hair is perfect.and i'm jealous of all the friends that you have. I mean i have my best friend that i love being with 24 7(Russell) but i really dont go out with anyone else you are lucky people keep in touch with you. You have a great family and i think a great life. you know how many pitty parties i have in my life we all need them to appreciate what we have and know what we want in life!
April, I seriously need to just stop by and we can hang out. I get that way too, and I notice it gets worse when I am home a lot without other adults around. (which is my life lately) I think that adjusting to a new life with a baby is part of it, because the newness of it is wearing off, and you are realizing that your body, and life will never be quite the same. Just remember it's all worth it.
Congrats on the calling!
I want you to know that you are an amazing person!! You guys are an awesome couple and so fun to be around. your daughter is adorable :) Hopefully you will be better from here on out.
I think we all have these times when we wonder where we are going in life. You will be ok :)
I am always here for ya if you ever need someone to vent to or talk to.
Post a Comment